Thank you Pinterest.
You always know how to come through when I need you.
I was making my meal plan for the week and came across this recipe on Pinterest
The night I made these I didn't get home until after 7 and Jason would be home about an hour later.
Well.. I didn't have any thawed chicken.. let alone cooked chicken!
I had to thaw, cook and shred the chicken before I could even start the recipe!
Long story short it was after 9pm before we ate dinner :(
I also decided to make some rice to go with it.
I cooked some rice and just added some salsa.. It was actually quite delicious!
I was in such a hurry to cook this meal that I didn't get any pictures of the process.. Here is the only picture I got.. It tasted a lot better than it looks haha
Here are her instructions:
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese
I did make a few changes.
I used whole wheat tortillas, cheddar cheese, and replaced the sour cream with Greek yogurt.