Thursday, August 22, 2013

Gourmet grilled cheese??

The other day I went to a "gourmet grilled cheese" restaurant call tom and chee 
this was the first time I had been there but I had heard so much about it!
When I walked in the layout reminded me of subway, you can order a sandwich off the menu or build your own.


 

I decided to build my own sandwich.
I had cheddar cheese on wheat bread with banana pepper, red sweet peppers, grilled red onions and bacon.


 
It was pretty good but honestly I think I was expecting a little something more, for one there was not much cheese on it (which I thought strange considering it is a grilled cheese)!
Besides that I would say it was pretty good but I probably would not pay to have it again, unless I am getting the donut grilled cheese.
Sounds gross right? Apparently that is their featured product?? Sounds gross but also sounds delicious in a way, so I may have to try it one day!
You can see them on the grill, they were also making the grilled donuts with chocolate and graham cracker.


I enjoyed it this once but wouldn't pay to go again.
Something cool about this place is that they actually started the business downtown by selling sandwiches in a tent. They opened a few restuarants then went on shark tank and got a deal with two of the sharks! Even though I wasn't super impressed with the place it is still cool to see a few hometown guys starting from the bottom and going to the top.

2 comments:

  1. Every time I eat grilled cheese I think of you and how much you used to love them! Panera has a grilled cheese with bacon and its really good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah I used to be able to eat 3-4 grilled cheese sandwiches and soup!! haha I still do love them! :)

      Delete