Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hearty, easy and yummy veggie soup!!

Hey Y'all
I wanted to share with you a recipe I made a few weeks ago
it is super easy
really yummy
and very hearty and healthy! 
and it's Vegetable soup!!
who knew it could be so delicious??
 
**I will add that I didn't measure anything so I will do my best to give you a rough estimate of how much of each ingredient I used, although I feel that cooking is not just following a recipe but making food that you know you will love! So add and take a way all you want and come up with the perfect recipe to fit your desires!
 
 
 
Ok so Here it is
Potatoes chopped into rather small pieces
 (the smaller the pieces the less time it takes to cook)
1 can of green beans
1 can or about 3/4-1 cup of  frozen or fresh corn
tomato sauce
(I used 1 15oz can and a little bit of water)
diced tomatoes
(I used 1 can with the juice)
carrots
(about half a bag of baby carrots, again cut them small)
Chicken broth
(because that's all I had, if I had vegetable broth I would have used that but it worked perfect!)
And some seasonings like garlic and a little bit of Italian seasons
 
When I make a recipe I typically just look at the ratio of the food and decide if I need to add a little  more of a particular ingredient
I also taste it about 10 million times {and add a pinch of this and a smidge of that} before it is actually ready.
Let it simmer until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
I like to cook it the night before and stick the whole pot in the fridge.
The next day when its almost dinner time I get the pot out and throw it on the stove.
(You may need to add a little more liquid to it before serving)
SOOO easy!!!
And by letting it simmer for a long time and sit overnight it makes the broth delicious, no one will ever know it is chicken broth :)

 
 
 
 

1 comment: