Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mama bear to the rescue!

Yesterday I told you about my chicken debacle, well I remembered that my mom has a big crock pot so I asked her if I could barrow it but of course I didn't want drive all the way to her house to get it.
I just can't seem to stop having these problems (or just being lazy and not wanting to waste gas).
I had already planned on going to Newport and would practically pass the school where she teaches on the way there. My momma was kind enough to lug that huge thing into her car so I could pick it up from her at school, isn't she the best?! Thanks mom! You really did save the day!
Now on to my big ole chicken!
I started by tossing some chopped onion, celery, potatoes and baby carrots into the ginormous crock pot.
I sprinkled on some random seasons like garlic, thyme, oregano etc. (basically anything that I thought would be good on chicken)
I added a little chicken broth and a little water to the bottom and turned my crock pot on, so that dinner would be ready when I got home.
Well at least that was the plan, I got home and the chicken was done but the veggies were no where near being done.
I let the veggies cook for about 30 minutes and they still weren't done.
Jason and I were starving by this point so we decided to eat some chicken and wait until the vegetable were ready to eat (mind you we are trying to make this chicken last as long as possible and make several meals out of it, therefore we only ate a very small piece of chicken).
About 30-45 more minutes after the veggies had been boiling on the stove they were finally soft enough to eat, I have no idea why it took them so long!!
My delicious chicken meal didn't go quite as planned but it was still yummy and we have lots of left overs for more yummy recipes!
Oh and I was so anxious to eat I didn't even get a picture of the darn bird!
But as I type this my chicken stock is cooking in the crock pot and (fingers crossed) should be ready in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment