Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend round up and a recipe!

Hey Y'all!
I had a nice weekend as I hope you did too.
Here is a little recap of my weekend
 
Ice cream and TV with Jason
 
The first rose on the rose bush showing up.. I might add that its already dead.. oops
 
A morning bike ride with Jason
 
Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Donut before hittin the sales

My yard sale finds.. Not great but I was excited to find the pie dish for just $1 especially since they were on sale for $5 at Walmart.
I got the game for $2, it is in great condition! The video was $.50




My new couch and love seat! I love them!! They make the room look so much better!
Instead of paying $100 for delivery I had a few people come help me get them to the house, as a reward I made them lunch, I will share the recipe at the bottom.

I also went to my grandmas house to get some of my furniture I had been storing there for awhile.
While at my grandma's house she came finding stuff to give me, I am so grateful to her and my uncle!
They gave us a lawnmower, and electric weed whacker, a folding table, a lot of storage stuff, some lawn chairs and more!
After loading all the stuff in the car they took me to lunch... Don't judge me.. I probably ate my whole days worth of calories in this meal.. But it was sooo good! I really struggle with eating healthy when I go out to eat.. but in my defense who eats healthy at a burger joint??
 
Here is my dresser that I had been storing their, it is a little beat up and I have some work to do but I am going to refinish it and it will look way better, any ideas on what color?
Should I just sand and refinish it in brown or should I paint it white?

It also has a mirror that goes with it.

Now let me tell you about this pasta bake that I made!
 
 
 
All you need is
Ground beef (or turkey)
Pasta 
Pasta sauce (I used 1 1/2 jars)
Mozzarella cheese
 
Cook 1 pound of ground beef with a little Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder.
I made the meat ahead of time and stuck it in the fridge.
Cook pasta until barely al dente (I used a full box of whole wheat penne)
Mix pasta sauce, pasta, meat and some cheese.
Top with remaining cheese and put in the oven at 350 until cheese melts

I served mine with homemade whole wheat bread.
This meal was a huge hit and so easy to make!
 
 
 
 
My other plates were being used or dirty so I had to use the Christmas plate :)



Link ups
Diary of a Real Housewife
The Prairie Homestead
Sami's Shenanigans
 Life of Meg
Peacoats and Plaid

11 comments:

  1. Pumpkin Donuts from DD is one of my all time favorites! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donuts , fries , ice cream!!!! It can be called a yummy recap . I want some.
    Got you in weekend shenanigans & now happily reading along.
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new couch and love seat! Where did you get it? I've been looking for new living room furniture, but haven't found any I love yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need some ice cream! Looks like a fun weekend, and your couch looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds like a nice and fun weekend! All the food looks so yum :) xo akiko
    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  6. white is nice (I painted my kitchen table white last week), but I've noticed a lot that if you even so much as bump it or knick it with something you put on top it will chip the paint :/ so if you go white you've kinda gotta be careful around it, even when it dries completely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a fun weekend, by the way totally love your mint bike !thanks also for stopping by my space,
    many greetings from far Germany, noni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaahhhhhh I have so many things to say. I haven't had a dunkin donut donut since I moved and it makes me crazy homesick. and would you rather is soooo much fun . I've never played the board game though. that's a sweet find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun weekend! I love your new couch set, how pretty! And no worries about your lunch! NO ONE eats healthy at a burger joint (I mean come on) and I bet it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could totally Annie Sloan Chalk Paint it a white and distress it--would look awesome!

    ReplyDelete